Tuesday 31 March 2009

i will chase you down until your mouth opens wide enough.

Id like to say to a stranger "Hi, do you remember me?"


Ive never gone for proper therapy sessions. I was sent to "guidance counsellors" and some of my professors tried fixing me back in my scholastastic days. In my country, people who went to actual certified therapists were basically lepers without the leprosy. Depression was treated in the same vein as crazy. Nobody wanted to know you anymore if you were "getting help", and of course you would bring GREAT SHAME upon your family so it just wasnt an option for me, this therapy thing. When I told my sister that I was probably crazy she asked me what I wanted to do about it. I didnt really know at that point in time, so we let the crazy fester.


Now its grown into an invisible limb that spoons me soup every morning til I choke and smile.



Future Story


A little girl gets too tired to walk to school, she gets tired of walking, period, so she sits down underneath a tree and starts eating her tuna sandwich. The sandwich doesnt have mayonnaise or pickles. She eats the sandwich and wishes she had bought two sandwiches because she is in the mood to eat things. A bird of indeterminate species flies over her head and drops shit on her shoulder. It feels very heavy on her, like someone had slapped her in the face.

2 comments:

ryan said...

i like your stories

Zara, Just. said...

oh goodness. thank you ryan.